- Benefits: Efficient. It burns less gas because the damper is closed, which keeps the heat in the room.
- Fire Characteristics: Gas fires are consistent and controllable by design. You choose the fire’s intensity.
- Fire Starting: Flip a switch or grab your remote. It’s that easy.
- Type of Heat: Enjoy a steady mix of radiant and convective heat.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Natural gas is piped directly to your home by a gas utility. Propane gas is stored on site in an above or below ground tank which is refilled by an LP gas provider.
Vented log sets are designed for externally vented fireplaces (chimneys) and operate more closely to a real wood fire, than do vent-free logs. Operating with the damper fully open on a wood-burning fireplace, vented gas logs can be used in either masonry with an open flu and chimney or a prefabricated firebox with vent pipe. Vented gas logs do produce heat but are not as efficient as vent-free logs and use more gas.