A fireplace remains the most popular choice and adds significantly to the value of any home. Most fireplaces are no longer traditional brick and mortar, but are engineered and pre-built by major manufacturers. More than seventy-five percent (over a half million) of all fireplaces installed each year are factory-built.
What is a factory-built fireplace and what are the benefits?
- Factory-built fireplaces are surprisingly inexpensive.
- They use a safe, lightweight chimney and do not need any additional footing or other structural support.
- Because they have fewer limitations than site-built masonry fireplaces, they can be easily and safely installed in almost any room.
- Factory-built fireplaces are available in a range of sizes, and can be open on one, two (“see-through” and corner models), three (“peninsula”), or four sides (“oasis”).
- Brick, stone, marble and other facing materials can be combined with your choice of mantels to suit your decor.
- Benefits: Natural and available. Wood can supplement furnace usage and reduce heating costs up to 30%.
- Fire Characteristics: Our wood products deliver powerful heating performance and efficiency.
- Fire Starting: Paper, kindling, and fire-starting logs are effective.
- Type of Heat: Adding more fuel will increase convective heat. Radiant heat will remain steady.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Dry storage is important. A cord of wood is stacked 4'x4'x8'. Typically, a 1,500 sq. ft. home will require 2-4 cords per season.
- Benefits: Convenience. Quickly turn the fire on or off, adjust flame height and fire intensity.
- Fire Characteristics: Gas fires are consistent and controllable by design. You choose the fire's intensity.
- Fire Starting: Flip a switch or grab your remote. It's that easy.
- Type of Heat: Enjoy a steady mix of radiant and convective heat.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Natural gas is piped directly to your home by a gas utility. Propane gas is stored on site in an above or below ground tank which is refilled by an LP gas provider.
- Benefits: Extremely reliable heat. No gas or wood to purchase. No venting required. Install almost anywhere.
- Fire Characteristics: Electric Fireplaces give off a unique, hypnotic glow with no actual flames.
- Fire Starting: Use an outlet or have the unit hardwired. Then, simply flip a switch or grab your remote.
- Type of Heat: Electric fireplaces produce radiant heat—and you completely control the heat output.
- Fuel Storage & Handling: Electric fireplaces are extremely hassle-free and don't require any fuel storage.